At PS&P Limited we are committed to providing and maintaining a working environment that ensures the health and safety of our people, customers, contractors and visitors. We want to prevent accidents and illness by making sure that health and safety considerations are at the heart of everything we do. To make this happen, we’ll be encouraging everyone who works at PS&P Limited to actively take part and support this policy.
The main responsibility for health and safety lies with the Director and Managers who will specifically communicate employees’ individual responsibilities relating to Health and Safety.
- Provide and maintain safe premises and healthy working environments.
- Ensure we effectively assess risks and apply measures to control them.
- Provide and maintain safe plant, equipment and associated operating procedures.
- Identify substances that are potentially hazardous to health and make sure arrangements are made to control the risks they pose.
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision to make sure everyone is able to carry out their work safely. These will be refreshed every so often or when anything that could affect health and safety changes significantly.
- Make sure we involve and consult with employee representatives on health and safety issues.
- Investigate accidents, incidents, and cases of work-related illness, so we can identify and put right any shortcomings in our health and safety management process.
- Make sure we have effective arrangements in place to deal with injuries and reduce the effects of any incidents that could result in injury, ill health, or damage to the environment.
- Make sure information on health and safety issues is shared across our organisation.
- Regularly review Health and Safety performance for continuous improvement, making sure that resources and support is provided to help us deliver the improvements.
- Ensure our health and safety management systems are audited by the Health and Safety Advisors for effectiveness, identifying where we could do things better and implementing improvement plans.
At PS&P Limited we recognise that our people are the most valuable assets and the success of this policy, which we’ll review at least once a year, relies on everyone being actively involved. We all have an important role to play in showing that good health and safety at work is good business.
For and on behalf of PS&P Limited
23rd May 2018